- We don’t collect very much data
- We will not sell your data
- We will not share your data unless compelled by law
- We do not monetize our website through advertising
- We monitor our website usage with the Monster Insights (www.monsterinsights.com) WordPress plugin and Google Analytics (www.google.com/analytics). We chose the feature to anonymize your IP address so we do not collect location information.
- We only ask for personal information if it’s needed to provide a service
- We’ve disabled comments on our blog posts so we don’t inadvertently collect personal information.
- We ask only for your email address if you want to subscribe to our mailing list; providing your name is optional. We do not ask for any other personal information on our website.
- We use Mailmunch (www.mailmunch.co) and Mailchimp (www.mailchimp.com) to manage signups for our email list.
- We will only use your email address to send you information you have agreed to receive.
The longer version:
Who we are
Our website address is: http://blythecampbell.wpengine.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When you fill out a form to receive our free content and/or to be added to our email list, we collect your email address and – if you provide it – your name. We use a double opt-in feature to ensure that you consent to our use of your email address. We collect this information to email you the information you have requested, and other information you have consented to.
Email subscription forms
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if you visit the other website.
By default WordPress does not collect any analytics data. However, many web hosting accounts collect some anonymous analytics data. You may also have installed a WordPress plugin that provides analytics services. In that case, add information from that plugin here.
How long we retain your data
We retain your email address and name (if you provided it) until you opt out of our emails or ask to be removed. We retain analytics information for 14 months.
What rights you have over your data
You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
We are located in the United States. We use reputable third-party providers to host this website and manage our email signup and email lists. If you are a citizen of the European Union, those third-party services, including our hosting service (www.bluehost.com), may transfer your data outside of the European Union. We have taken reasonable steps to ensure that we only do business with third-party providers that are compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
For privacy questions or concerns, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.